One of the most expensive projects that you will encounter is building a home. Research is crucial as it will help you to choose wisely. In this article, we will help you choose the right home builder by asking the right questions.
1. How long have you been in business and how many homes have you built?
2. What are the best features of the homes that you built?
3. Are you insured and licensed?
4. What kind of warranty do you offer?
5. Are there model homes or references that I may be able to contact?
6. Can you meet my specifications?
7. What are the standard features of your homes?
8. For any concerns, who can I contact directly?
9. If ever I change my mind, what is the process for changes?
10. How much will it cost?
11. Can I have easy access to my home during construction?
12. How long will the build take?
You will know if it is an experienced builder if he/she is able to answer all of these questions easily and quickly. By asking the right questions, you are sure to find the right builder for you. Some of my clients say they chose by “feel” as well, and this is also recommended. If you connect in the beginning, chances are that you’ll connect with the rest of the team as well.